[netatalk-admins] Netatalk, We will work it out!!

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk, We will work it out!!
From: Anthony L. Sollars (seastar@seasurf.net)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 17:34:26 EDT

Dear all,

        I am running SLackware Linux 3.6 with the 2.2.x series kernel, Samba
2.0.3, and netatalk 1.4b2 and +asun 2.1.3.I have actually read all of
the man pages, the howto, and the FAQ for netatalk, so I understand the
basics of this implementation. I have tried setting a share in both
AppleVolumes.default & system, for my public share. ("/home/public")
But to no avail, chooser does not see the share, yet it does see it's
own home directory, and easily mounts it to the desktop. I have tried
everything the docs have suggested. So I must turn to the mailing list,
I hope someone here can help me. I need the public share, that each mac
can access, so our educational software we use can access it to store
student history/data files.

Sincerely,

Anthony L. SOllars
Technology Coordinator