[netatalk-admins] Jukeboxing with netatalk

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Jukeboxing with netatalk
From: Lars (lars@netpage.de)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 05:49:08 EDT

I am thinking about building a cheaper "jukebox" for my users:

1. external SCSI CDROM tower with real old and cheap SCSI CDROMS.
2. interface (for ejecting / mounting /unmounting CD's) controlled/supplied
per Apache/PHP3 over webbrowser

But what really bugs me ist that i.e. with,

mount -thfs -o uid=501 -o gid=100 -o umask=000 /dev/scd0 /macfs/cdrom

I can mount a CDROM and it is served per netatalk BUT:
when I mount a multimedia CDROM (i.e. PromoCD's) I can not execute
anything. It just looks like a regular, boring iso9660 filesystem, which
can be browsed but nothing more.

<clueless value=full cellpading=rubber>
Am I missing something?
</clueless>