Re: [netatalk-admins] a cold wind bloweth

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] a cold wind bloweth
From: tkaczma@gryf.net
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 11:47:43 EDT

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Wenchi Liao wrote:

> If a
> canonical precompiled binary is to be made available, having authentic
> builds done by trusted people is more important.

I think you mentioned two issues here. TCP wrappers and etc. is one,
netatalk is the other. Does one NEED tcp wrappers to run atalk on
Solaris? If not it should not be a part of the canonical package. It
would be nice to have a tarball and at least one popular package format
with precompiled binaries come from whoever is maintaining the source. Of
course these should be signed (with pgp for example) by that canonical
source.

Tom