[netatalk-admins] Netatalk without any other apple boxes on the network

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk without any other apple boxes on the network
From: Russell Kliese (s369486@student.uq.edu.au)
Date: Sun Jun 13 1999 - 09:51:37 EDT

I have a linux box and a laserwriter IIg. It looked as though netatalk
would provide the conenction I needed between my linux box and the
ethertalk port on the back of the printer. However, now I am unsure.

Will netatalk work stand-alone and allow me to connect to the laserwriter?
Or do I need another apple box. No examples of setting up netatalk that I
have found so far treat the case of only a linux box and printer.

I would be grateful if someone could help me out or point me to some
information that might help. (e.g. how do I know what the printer name is
or is that something that needs to be assigned by netatalk etc. ? )

Thanks in advance,

Russell Kliese