Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk without any other apple boxes on the network

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk without any other apple boxes on the network
From: Patrik Schindler (poc@pocnet.net)
Date: Sun Jun 13 1999 - 13:20:26 EDT

At 23:51 Uhr +1000 13.06.1999, Russell Kliese wrote:

>I would be grateful if someone could help me out or point me to some
>information that might help. (e.g. how do I know what the printer name is
>or is that something that needs to be assigned by netatalk etc. ? )

First make sure that atalkd runs, this is the only one you need.

Next, type nbplkup and take a look at the printer's name.

Create a queue-dir for the printer and put a file named .paprc into this dir, containing the name of the printer, followed by an @ and an asterisk. No quotes are needed, even if the name contains spaces.

Edit /etc/printcap. lp=/dev/null:of=/wherever/sendtopap

Edit /wherever/sendtopap:

#!/bin/sh
/path/to/pap/pap -e -sstatus

Kick lpd's butt (lpc restart all) and try to print a PostScript file. I don't think that this printer will accept anything but PostScript.

:wq! PoC