Re: [netatalk-admins] Re: RedHat 6.0 help

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Re: RedHat 6.0 help
From: Ryan Cleary (tryanc@interdim.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 1999 - 13:04:05 EDT

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Alex Satrapa wrote:

> I can't compile netatalk-1.4b3, and atalkd in the asun 2.1.3 version
> just kernel oopes about the same time as a Macintosh tries to talk to it
> (DDP). It just hangs when a Mac tries to connect with ASIP (by hang, I
> mean sit there do nothing and go zombie).
>
> That code compiles and runs fine under 2.0.36... so I'm faced with the
> decision of "do I hack kernel, or do I revert to the old kernel".
>
> Does anyone actually have netatalk running on a 2.2.x kernel?

I built netatalk-1.4b2+pre-asun2.1.4-28 on a RH 6.0 box, with
kernel 2.2.5 (-22 was the kernel rpm build). I didn't enable any of the
extra UAM options, just guest and cleartext access.

The file sharing daemons (atalk and afpd) as well as nbprgstr work
fine. I haven't tried or needed or papd.

I haven't tried 1.4b3 (and didn't even know it was available).

--Ryan

Ryan Cleary <tryanc@interdim.com>