Re: [netatalk-admins] Re: RedHat 6.0 help

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Re: RedHat 6.0 help
From: Alex Satrapa (alex@topic.com.au)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 01:17:48 EDT

The common thread in these two responses is that they're not compiling
with the latest glibc. However, I used to have netatalk as compiled on a
2.0.36 RHL system, but it was never visible on the EtherTalk network.
I'm currently using DAVE and Samba, so I have 20 days to solve my
problem :)

In the meantime, I'm trying to learn C really really fast, and then I
have to figure out how to debug a kernel module...

Ryan Cleary wrote:
> I built netatalk-1.4b2+pre-asun2.1.4-28 on a RH 6.0 box, with
> kernel 2.2.5 (-22 was the kernel rpm build). I didn't enable any of the
> extra UAM options, just guest and cleartext access.
> I haven't tried 1.4b3 (and didn't even know it was available).

Sorry... I think that was a typo. It's supposed to be 1.4b2, just like
everyone thought :)

Thanks to all who responded!
Alex