[netatalk-admins] weird redhat startup?

Subject: [netatalk-admins] weird redhat startup?
From: Michael bartosh (bartosh@apple.tamu.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 19 1999 - 22:49:59 EDT

apologies for the previous erroneous subject-

Hmmm did RH do something flookey w/ the wat /etc/rc.d is run?

Looks like netatalk (and everyhting else) is by default bg'd... ie it
says 'starting atalk... OK' w/in about 2 seconds instead of the other
rather lengthy 'Starting atalk daemons...atalk' etc.

Point is once the box is started up, atalk reports to be working. It
doesn't, tho... no Macs an connect via tcp/ip or trad. atalk.

When, however, I run the startup script w/ the 'stop' flag, and then
restart it manually (w/ the start flag) the older script seems to
echo and w/in a couple of seconds, all daemons start correctly.

Same script run at two different times in two different environments.
How do I modify the startup environment so atalk is not bgrounded?
Michael Bartosh
                 Oceanography Systems Support Staff
       cell: 409.220.5221
       mail: bartosh@ocean.tamu.edu