Re: [netatalk-admins] redhat 6

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] redhat 6
From: Dan Horth (dan@nitro.com.au)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 20:06:47 EDT

John - it would be helpful if you could send in log file clippings showing
what's actually happening as netatalk starts up - I've found from my
experiences that problems can be sorted out quite readily by checking log
files.

also I would suggest joining the Appletalk on linux mail list as this seems
to carry more "how do I fix this netatalk problem" type questions rather
than the development related issues that pop up here...

http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=LINUX-ATALK&H=NETSPACE.ORG

there's also a handy archive search facility there...

Cheers, dan.

ps. feel free to mail me log clippings if you need help deciphering what's
going on...

At 12:36 PM -0400 24/6/99, John Barnett wrote:
>I tried Inoue Koichi's netatalk rpm, but I still get the same results:
>
>AppleTalk not up! Child exited with 1.
>bind: Cannot assign requested address
>bind: Cannot assign requested address
>
>I've tried loading & unloading the appletalk module, recompiling it,
>but I always get the same error message. Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>John

-----
        Nitro - 3D Visualisation, Graphics & Animation
                Ph (+61 2) 9810 5177 - Fx (+61 2) 9810 0199
                        http://www.nitro.com.au/