[netatalk-admins] CD Server

Subject: [netatalk-admins] CD Server
From: ih207@cam.ac.uk
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 04:27:05 EDT

Dear netatalk-admins,

system Redhat 6
netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.0a
hfsutils3.2.6

I have a script that mounts a mac cd as follows "mount -t hfs -o
ro,afpd,fork=netatalk,names=netatalk..." Under netatalk, as a shared mac
cd, I have found no problem with this from the cdrom. My problem is this,
when I make a hard disk image of this cd I get an error I can not fix. eg I
mount my cd as above and create the image with dd " dd if=/dev/cdrom
of=Photoshop_Tour " which then mount as mount -t hfs -o
ro,loop,afpd,fork=netatalk,names=netatalk Photoshop_Tour /mount point. The
image appears to work fine except for an error " -1 document Reference is
invalid " on a pdf link that on the mounted cd opens acrobatreader but not
on the dd image.

Any pointers?

Ian.