Re: [netatalk-admins] CD Server

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] CD Server
From: Patrik Schindler (poc@pocnet.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 14:31:26 EDT

At 16:59 Uhr +0100 28.06.1999, Ian Hitchman wrote:

>Linux 6.0

What is Linux 6.0? Latest Kernel is 2.2.10 at my knowledge. Do you mean SuSe Linux 6.0?

>Is it possible to copy a Mac CDROM to an IDE HD and serve over the
>macintosh network. I have no trouble serving a mounted hfs Mac cd from
>netatalk but every attempt to copy the cd to a hformatted volume fails.

Why copy the content?
Just make an image (dd if=/dev/cdrom of=Imagefilename) and mount this with
mount -t hfs -o ro,loop,fork=netatalk Imagefilename /mountpoint

You actually need the loop device as module or compiled into the kernel as well as support for the hfs filesystem (the latter you seem to have, 'cause you say you can mount HFS-CD-ROMs).

:wq! PoC