Re: [netatalk-admins] custom Icon

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] custom Icon
From: a sun (asun@saul10.u.washington.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 19:16:33 EDT

   It would be nice to update the old icon with some color. I know I can
   put any icon on the volume by pasting a new icon in the "get info" box -
   this is not what I want to do. On AppleShare servers (from apple) you
   get a different icon depending on how you connect to the server (tcp/ip
   or AppleTalk)

that's because apple cheats and recognizes some icon masks as
special. if you grab my latest snapshot and use the -I (or -noicon)
option, afpd will supply the icon bitmap that os x server uses giving
you a 3d icon.

-a