RE: [netatalk-admins] how to send messages to netatalk clients

Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] how to send messages to netatalk clients
From: Ron Chmara (ron@Opus1.COM)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 17:16:53 EDT

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Erik Ohlin wrote:
> There is a team working on something called 'Broadcast for Linux'.
> http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/lug/broadcast/
> At Thursday, 11:41 AM 7/15/99, you wrote:
> > Reply to: RE: [netatalk-admins] how to send messages to
> > netatalk client

InformUser and InformUserPE... it's currently Mac/Wintel based for
senders, will do the same thing...
http://www.advancedideas.com/

Last I heard, they were discussing making a broadcaster for linux, and
they already have recievers for Linux/Win95/WinNT/MacOS, and broadcasters
for MacOS and Wintel (95/8/NT).

Of course, what I'd really like to see is wall sending this out... :-)

-Ronabop

Brought to you by the bondage and discipline of PINE,
running on OpenVMS through either a 14,400 baud connection
or a 600k RADSL line, run by some very confused and tired
gerbils. Your bopping may vary. This is not a .sig file.