Re: [netatalk-admins] Samba/Unix File Management vs. Resource Forks?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Samba/Unix File Management vs. Resource Forks?
From: Rob Newberry (rob@eats.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 09:38:37 EDT

This isn't entirely true. If you move a Macintosh file with a resource
fork to another NTFS volume, the resource fork (and Finder information)
will travel with it -- on NTFS, all the forks are in one file (very much
like on the Mac). If, however, the PC guys move it to a FAT volume, then
the resource fork and Finder information will be lost.