Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk on Solaris 7

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk on Solaris 7
From: Tim Carlson (tim@santafe.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 15:07:06 EDT

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Casey Feskens wrote:

> Has anyone had luck installing netatalk on Solaris 7 with 64 bit
> support. All of our attempts with egcs have failed so far. Has anyone
> gotten this work? If so, could you send instructions and/or a binary?

So how many times has this been asked and answered on this list? Maybe
time for a FAQ addition?

EGCS even in its most recent incarnation (snapshot 7/14/99) it won't
compile good (if any) 64bit code for the Ultra Sparc on Solaris 7.

I have put up a compiled version (with TCPWRAPPER/RANDNUM/Diffie-Hellman
support) in ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/unix/netatalk-solaris.tar.gz

This is built from the source pre-asun2.1.4-31.tar.gz

extract this and do a

make install
make kinstall

it installs in /opt/atalk

It has been compiled for a 64bit kernel on a box running Solaris 7.

Tim

Tim Carlson Voice: (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute Fax: (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim Email: tim@santafe.edu