Re: [netatalk-admins] QuarkXPress Files

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] QuarkXPress Files
From: Palle Girgensohn (girgen@partitur.se)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 19:55:23 EDT

Marcus wrote:

> Just out of interest, is anyone out there experiencing random
> corruptions of QuarkXPress files when working off a netatalk server?
>
> We have 2 clients who are using netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on Intel RedHat 5.2.
> They get wicked speeds on 100BaseT, up to 9.1MB/sec, but they seem to
> have more corrupted quark files than normal...
>
> I have checked LF->CR etc...
>
> There doesn't seem to be a pattern, except that they get 1 out of 15
> corrupting....
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> mrad01

Hmmm... you should check the mail arhive. If memory serves me right,
there have been some troubles with Quark in the past. Part of it was
that Quark uses persistent dir id:s, something netatalk doesn't support
(yet). I belive there was a fix for it in some quark update recently.
You don't mention the Quark version... This could be a problem with
certain versions of Quark.

This is from memory; I haven't seen the problem myself. You should get
better answers searching the mail archie at
http://www.umich.edu/%7Ersug/netatalk/archive/

Hope this helps anyway...

/Palle