[netatalk-admins] Server disconnecting frequently

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Server disconnecting frequently
From: Kendall Lister (kendall@charon.net.au)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 21:01:36 EDT

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Tobias Galitzien wrote:

> I can connect from any Mac to the server, it works very well but after
> about 10-20 minutes (seems to depend on data transfer amount) the
> client reports "the server has disconnected unexpectedly" and stops
> further transfer. After that I can reconnect normally but the same
> thing happens again some minutes later. This occurs with every client,
> using MAC OS 7.5, 8.0, 8.5 and 8.6.

We had the same symptoms until we realised that we had to put entries in
inetd.conf for afpd and atalkd - although netatalk is not run through
inetd, it apparently uses tcp_wrappers to allow connections. Anyway, the
problem went away... :)

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781