[netatalk-admins] Backup Solutions?

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Backup Solutions?
From: Thompson Freeman (tfreeman@tfreeman.vnet.net)
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 10:57:07 EDT

With the beginning of school, I should really start backing up the
children's Mac. Unfortuantely for me, the only tape system in the house is
on my Linux box.

What I would like is an open source client/server system (or something
really really cheap) to back the Mac up on the tape drive. Is there such a
beast, or am I getting into a real "roll your own" situation? Also, is it
possible to mount/share the Mac disk on the Linux box. I've heard of a
program to do so, but have not been able to locate a source or name.

I've got netatalk working, and TCP/IP, so communication isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Thompson Freeman Even the Immortal Brahma
                           Shaves before he hugs his mama
tfreeman@vnet.net Karma Shave