Re: [netatalk-admins] Backup?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Backup?
From: satadru pramanik (satadru@umich.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 15:34:05 EDT

What we do currently is mount the drives via netatalk, and then do a
retrospect backup, though we plan on moving to just getting a tape drive
to backup, as it's usually important to backup up your /etc and other
important sysconfig directories regularly, and I don't think anybody would
recommend mounting critical system directories ( ie /etc/rc.d ) via
netatalk. ( I think think that this has been disabled for the most part
by not letting root login via netatalk though.)