[netatalk-admins] Administration of Netatalk files from a Macintosh

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Administration of Netatalk files from a Macintosh
From: sam@shadow.org
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 19:50:00 EDT

        We are trying to setup netatalk where we had previously been using
cap. In cap, it was possible to login as root and move files around as root
and do pretty much all the god-like things that root gets to do.

        We're experimenting with netatalk and can't seem to get any similar
functionality. It is critical that we have a way to move files around and
do administration (not necessarily mess with server settings, just file stuff
is all we need) through a macintosh interface. My first thought was to
just comment out the code that disables root logins. Tried it and didn't
get results.

        I'd be interested in any solutions to this problem that might have
been devised, or thoughts on how something could be setup or modified to
make it work. Note -- I'm not afraid to much around with source code.

        It's possible that Bethany Hanson has written to this list recently
asking about something similar. We work for the same people and she
currently has no access to this list.

/* Sam */