[netatalk-admins] Netatalk and remote printers

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and remote printers
From: Mary Stracke (stracke@helix.nih.gov)
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 10:31:52 EDT

I am a relative linux newbie who works in a predominantly Mac
environment and have set up the first linux computer in the
department .... a dual processor (pentium III) Pi-O running nicely on
RedHat 6.0. Netatalk has been installed and I have had no problem
file-sharing with my test Macs. However, I'm having a lot of
problems setting up the linux box to print to a remote (ethernet),
postscript (dye-sub) Tektronix Phaser 450. I set up the linux box
to print and print serve to a Tektronix color laser (Phaer 560) using
the generic postscript filter for linux printing and no filter at all
for the Macs. However, this doesn't work with the dye-sub. Does
anyone have any experience or any suggestions for dealing with these
printers?

Mary Stracke