Re: [netatalk-admins] Chooser visibilty, MacOS 8.5+ and ATM

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Chooser visibilty, MacOS 8.5+ and ATM
From: Vicki Brown (vlb@deltagen.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 15:30:10 EDT

At 13:13 -0500 8/12/99, Russell E Glaue wrote:
> Netatalk runs EtherTalk. You must have LAN Emulation set up properly for
> two way communication across your ATM Backbone. This will add the few
> extra bytes around the Ethernet packets for ATM transmission. Your
> Netatalk Servers I assume are transmitting with an ATM network Card, so
> just make sure you have LAN Emulation for your network set up properly.
>
> You should speak with your resident Network Engineer about this problem.

What does this mean for those of us who don't have a "Network Engineer"? :-/

-----
 //=\ Vicki Brown <vlb@deltagen.com>
 \=// Journeyman Sourcerer: Scripts & Philtres
  //=\
  \=// Scientific Programming <> Perl, Unix, Mac
   //=\ A little Web gardening on the weekends
   \=//
    //=\ Deltagen, Inc; 1031 Bing St, San Carlos, CA 94070