RE: [netatalk-admins] Re: missing file at make

Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] Re: missing file at make
From: Christian Pomar (pomar@ieee.org)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 18:30:19 EDT

Hello,

Get yourself netatalk1.4 in rpm format and install it directly with the rpm
utility... much easier. I tried to compile 1.3.3 long time ago... I
succeeded, but I had to hack the sources quite a bit.

I can remember of some changes: just forget about bytesex.h: delete all
#include<bytesex.h>. After that, you will get many errors which make
reference to signal. I'm sorry I can not remember exactly what happened, but
I think that the problem was an erroneus assignment of an integer to a
signal structure. There is a macro in signal.h (referenced in Stevens,
Advanced programming in the Unix Environment) which you can use to
initialize the signal masks... sorry y can not remember exactly now... hacks
work this way: you use them and then forget them; specially if you end up
finding an "rpm" file someway.

¿Where to find it? in RedHat.com, in "contrib". It's called
netatalk1.4b2+asun2.1.1 (more or less).

Once installed, it works quite fine.

Christian