[netatalk-admins] Confiuration Problemes

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Confiuration Problemes
From: Tom Tilmant (tom@tilmant.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 20:39:13 EDT

I am reposting this questions to you all. I am new with Netatalk and have
installed the netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0-5.rpm for RH 6.0. The installation
went great and I believe the process has started. It seems that I have only
one process running.

root 518 0.0 0.3 912 408 ? S Aug25 0:00 atalkd

But the Mac is not seeing the server. This is a small network with a few
PC's, one Linux server, and one Mac. There is nothing at this time seeding
the network. When I installed Netatalk, I left all config files alone and
am running at default. With the suggestion of someone in this group, I
tried adding /nt/samba/shared shared to the AppleVolumes.System and then to
the AppleVolumes.Default with no luck.

When I try to run the afpd, I get "Segmentation fault" error.

When I run nbplkup I get the following.

             ns:Workstation 65280.79:4
             ns:netatalk 65280.79:4
 <Unnamed>: Power Macintosh 65280.173:251

The Unnamed Power Mac is my desktop mac. Also Appleshare IP does not work.

Hopefully I have just miss configure something, hopefully one of you experts
can guide me to light :-)

Tom Tilmant
tom@tilmant.com