Re: [netatalk-admins] Re: netatalk on OS X

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Re: netatalk on OS X
From: asun@cobaltnet.com
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 13:15:45 EDT

   Adrian, please help me understand what you mean by "it actually uses it for
   ddp connections". Do you mean that I should be able to see my OS X Server
   in the chooser when running netatalk? I can't, and the "appletalk" process
   is running...but not the "AppleFileServer" daemon(s) (I assumed it would
   conflict with netatalk).

check your system logs. that will tell you what's happening when afpd
tries to register itself. also, you need to modify the rc script so
that it will work properly with os x server. basically, all you need
to do is make sure that atalkd isn't started.

-a