Re: [netatalk-admins] an error of type 50 has occurred

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] an error of type 50 has occurred
From: Rich Lafferty (rich@alcor.concordia.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 01 1999 - 10:23:22 EDT

Quoting Vicki Brown (vlb@cfcl.com) from Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 03:52:46PM -0700:
> Or was it -50...?
>
> One of my users connected to the netatalk server and when she tried to do
> anything... open a file, open a folder, get info on anything in the window,
> she got a notice that an "error of type 50 has occurred".

Error 50 isn't, according to my error list. ;-)

But error -50 is apropos: "paramErr: Error in user parameter list".

In other words, some AppleEvent parameter on her machine isn't getting
what it's supposed to be getting. It might be easier to reinstall MacOS
rather than try to track it down, but just on the off chance, what
version of the OS and of AppleShare is she using? Does the error occur
consistently or just the one time? Does it only happen for her or are
there more than one person for which it happens?

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services