[netatalk-admins] Option to disable AppleDouble

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Option to disable AppleDouble
From: Nicholas Humfrey (nhumfrey@poboxes.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 12:50:15 EDT

Is there a way of disabling the creatation of AppleDouble files for the
resource fork of Mac files. I am developing a Macintosh interface for a
database system we have here. We do not use the resource fork for these
files becuase it is based around UNIX, however it keeps on createing
.AppleDouble directories. This is very useful for the Mac files we keep on
the server but it would be nice to be able to turn off AppleDouble on a per
share basis.

At present I have a cron script which just deletes all of these directories
but it would be nice if they were never created in the first place.

Nicholas Humfrey