Re: [netatalk-admins] Option to disable AppleDouble

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Option to disable AppleDouble
From: Ryan Cleary (tryanc@interdim.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 15:47:02 EDT

Nicholas Humfrey wrote:

> Is there a way of disabling the creatation of AppleDouble files for the
> resource fork of Mac files. I am developing a Macintosh interface for a
> database system we have here. We do not use the resource fork for these
> files becuase it is based around UNIX, however it keeps on createing
> .AppleDouble directories. This is very useful for the Mac files we keep on
> the server but it would be nice to be able to turn off AppleDouble on a per
> share basis.

I've been wondering this myself. Is there an accepted way of completely
disabling .AppleDouble directories? Or should I just patch the code
myself to cause the -noaduble flag to completely disable appledouble
directories (as opposed to just supressing them when they aren't
needed).

--Ryan

Ryan Cleary <tryanc@interdim.com>