Re: [netatalk-admins] Option to disable AppleDouble

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Option to disable AppleDouble
From: Paul Khristolubov (paul@tpu.ru)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 01:20:20 EDT

Nicholas,

Here's a excerpt from somewhere in the docs.

# volume format:
# path [name] [casefold=x] [codepage=y] [options=z,l,j] \
# [access=a,@b,c,d] [dbpath=path] [password=p]
..
# miscellaneous options
# noadouble -> don't create .AppleDouble unless a resource
# fork needs to be created.

But my experience with netatalk shows, that every directory still has
.AppleDouble inside even with this option set. Maybe Macintosh clients need
resource forks of some temporary files? So, could you pass me a script that
removes .AppleDoubles ;)

-- pk | mailto:paul@solarmode.com | icq:12399861 | front end back-end