[netatalk-admins] Problem with passwd case

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problem with passwd case
From: Craig Robinson (craig@qimr.edu.au)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 19:19:08 EDT

Hi all Netatalkers,
I am successfully running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4 on a UltraSPARC 10
(running 64-bit Solaris 7). I do have one problem, however, in that I can
only log-on through Chooser if my username is all lower-case (ie. no
capitals). If I have a user with even one capital in their uname, Chooser
says that my "My password is incorrect". Can anyone shed any light on
this? We are hoping to replace Helios Ethershare with Netatalk for our 50+
Mac client network, but as 99% of our users have at least one capital in
their username, I can not roll into it yet.
Any suggestions/thoughts would be most welcome.
Cheers,
Craig Robinson

Craig Robinson craig@qimr.edu.au
Qld Institute of Medical Research ph: 617-3362 0211
Brisbane AUSTRALIA fax:617-3362 0111