RE: [netatalk-admins] Problem with passwd case

Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] Problem with passwd case
From: Craig Robinson (craig@qimr.edu.au)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 18:55:54 EDT

Dylan (and all Netatalkers reading this),
I think you might be right...but I have ventured into the thread and have
come across a couple of issues. Firstly, in my original post, I said that
the version of netatalk was 1.4b2+asun2.1.4. It is actually netatalk-990130
(sorry for the mis-information, we have never had 1.4b2 working!!). The
issues discussed in the thread refer to 1.4b2, and I have tried to locate
the patch in auth.c that Michael Erickson talks about in:

http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/archive/admins/1998/0614.html

to no avail. I also don't know if it has been patched by a sun as referred
to in:

http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/archive/admins/1998/0620.html

or even how to get this patch, or whether it applies to 990130 or only a
sun's builds (I'm not sure about all these versions and I'll post another
mail about all this).

Anyway, my first question:
1. Do you know how to patch auth.c in 990130?
2. Or where I can get a patch for it?

Now I know what is happening, I can get around it - but I would prefer not
to go and change the case of the usernames of all my users. So, any
further thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated?

Cheers, Craig