[netatalk-admins] adding IDE drive to scsi system

Subject: [netatalk-admins] adding IDE drive to scsi system
From: Wagner One (wagner@enteract.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 11:57:48 EDT

The linux machine on which I run netatalk is exclusivly scsi and I would
like to add an IDE drive to the mix (cheaper, bigger, etc.). I installed it
this morning on the primary IDE bus set as "device 0 master" and immediatly
the machine attempted to boot from the IDE drive instead of the scsi drives
(which are on a 2940). I poked around in the bios setup a little, but didn't
see anything right away as to how to force it to boot from another device. I
assume this is the way it has to be done or is there another workaround?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Wagner - A bad Dead show is better than a good day at work...
wagner@enteract.com, wagner@well.com, wagner@teamschoeps.org