[netatalk-admins] netatalk Irregularities!

Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk Irregularities!
From: Anthony L. Sollars (sollarsa@starofthesea.pvt.k12.or.us)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 14:07:41 EDT

Dear all,

        My netatalk system work awesome, and has from the get go. I have
been getting this error message upon bootup that I now have time to address,
it says:

    kernel: SO_BROADCAST: Fix your netatlk as it will break before 2.2

Has anyone ever sent his error before?? Any help is appreciated.

Also , Netatalk authenticates users against Linux's etc/passwd file correct.
I have this weird occurence. i changed my root password, but now both my new
password and my old password work. i am unable to check to see if the old
password works from the client side because it was 9 characters long, that
is why I changed it. I am running netatalk+asun ver. 1.4b2 & Samba 2.05a on
a ver. 3.6 Slackware box. Kernel 2.2.5. Again, any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Anthony L. Sollars
Technology Coordinator
Star of the Sea School