[netatalk-admins] More problems w/ netatalk and solaris 7

Subject: [netatalk-admins] More problems w/ netatalk and solaris 7
From: Prentice Bisbal (pbisbal@pppl.gov)
Date: Tue Oct 05 1999 - 15:44:51 EDT

I have finally managed to get netatalk to comple on Solaris 7 with DES, PAM and
TCP Wrapper support. But I still can't get the module to install. This is what
I get when I do a make kinstall:

/usr/ucb/install -c ddp /usr/kernel/drv/ddp
ln /usr/kernel/drv/ddp /usr/kernel/strmod/ddp
/usr/ucb/install -c ddp.conf /usr/kernel/drv/ddp.conf
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' ddp
drvconfig: Driver (ddp) failed to attach
Warning: Driver (ddp) successfully added to system but failed to attach
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `kinstall'
Current working directory /u/pbisbal/source/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/sys/solaris
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `kinstall'

Some additional information that may be helpful:

# more /etc/netconfig
udp tpi_clts v inet udp /dev/udp -
tcp tpi_cots_ord v inet tcp /dev/tcp -
rawip tpi_raw - inet - /dev/rawip -
ticlts tpi_clts v loopback - /dev/ticlts straddr.so
ticotsord tpi_cots_ord v loopback - /dev/ticotsord straddr.so
ticots tpi_cots v loopback - /dev/ticots straddr.so
ddp tpi_clts - appletalk ddp /dev/ddp -

# more /etc/services
#The following lines added for netatalk
rtmp 1/ddp # Routing Table Maintenance Protocol
nbp 2/ddp # Name Binding Protocol
echo 4/ddp # AppleTalk Echo Protocol
zip 6/ddp # Zone Information Protocol

afpovertcp 548/tcp # AFP over TCP
afpovertcp 548/udp

I'm using Eric Young's DES libraries (compiled with gcc) and I've tried
compiling netatalk with both gcc and Suns Workshop C/C++ compiler (cc) in both
64-bit (-xarch=v9, and changing the modle paths corresespondingly to include
sparcv9) and 32-bit mode, but nothing works.

Thanks in advance.
 --
Prentice Bisbal
pbisbal@pppl.gov