[netatalk-admins] newbie question about shared dirs

Subject: [netatalk-admins] newbie question about shared dirs
From: James Fraser (jamie@kwantlen.bc.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 05 1999 - 17:53:55 EDT

        Please excuse my ignorance of netatalk. I'm new to netatalk and this
mailing list.

        I'm running Slackware 2.2.6 on my Intel box and I've just installed
netatalk. Almost everything is working great. From a Mac on the network I
can see my server in the Appleshares and select it. I am able to log in with
my username and password. I see my home directory properly and can access
it. The problem is that I have been trying to set up a common area that is
accessible from multiple accounts. I've added the lines:
#volumes
/mp3 "MP3 Files"

to my /usr/local/atalk/etc/Applevolumes.default . Permissions are set to
rwxr--r-- root root on both the Applevolumes.default and the
Applevolumes.system. The dir /mp3 exists and has permissions set rwxr-xr-x .
But I still can't see the /mp3 directory. Could sombody please point me in
the right direction? I'm not sure what else to check.

Thanks

Jamie

James Fraser
System Support Generalist