Re: [netatalk-admins] Error -50

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Error -50
From: Brandon Warren (bwarren@u.washington.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 14:19:46 EDT

It seems to be that -50 is a catch-all error code. What exactly
was the user trying to do?

For example, if I try to read files from a linux partition that were
writen by "cp" under Linux, rather than by a Mac over the network,
I get -50 errors if the Mac I am using to read is running OS 8.1,
but have no problems with Mac OS 7.5.5 or 8.5.

Brandon