[netatalk-admins] netatalk asun 2.1.3 diconnects on Solaris 7

Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk asun 2.1.3 diconnects on Solaris 7
From: Jan Baumann (jan@cyberways.net)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 06:08:49 EDT

Hi folks,

I have just installed netatalk 1.4b2 asun 2.1.3 on Solaris 7 Sparc.

It compiles, launches and is visible in the Mac Chooser. Password Auth
with PAM seems to work (it can determine whether the password entered is
correct) but when I expect to see the list of exported volumes (after
ok-ing the Mac password dialog) I immediately get a requestor saying
that the connection to the server was unexpectedly broken.
I use AppleShare Client 3.8.3 as supplied with MacOS 8.6 on a blue/withe
G3.

If I log in as guest with no guest accessible volumes I get an empty
volume selection dialog, if I export guest accessible volumes I get the
connection broken message.

This has been reported to the list month ago but without an answer.

Any help is welcome.

Best regards,

Jan Baumann
cyberways system administration