RE: [netatalk-admins] Configuring a print server

Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] Configuring a print server
From: Andy Daws (ad@bepp.co.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 09:55:45 EST

Hi David,

The line

dmesg | grep AppleTalk

should confirm if you have AppleTalk compiled into the kernel, next after this you will need to update your services and the protocols file should have the ddp protocol as per the readme. Examples of what should be in the services file are contained in the distribution

>When I attempt to start atalkd, I get the following message:
        socket: Protocol not supported