[netatalk-admins] Configuring a print server

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Configuring a print server
From: Goodman, David (David.Goodman@wfg.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 08:37:15 EST

Hello,

I'm trying to use an Intel NetportExpress PRO/100 print server to share my
Epson printer between Windows and Macintosh machines. The print server
wants there to be at least one zone defined before it will enable AppleTalk,
so I started looking for AppleTalk routers, and found netatalk. I have a
486 that is Running FreeBSD 3.2, and have installed the netatalk port.

When I attempt to start atalkd, I get the following message:
        socket: Protocol not supported

I'm pretty sure that my version of FreeBSD comes with kernel support for
DDP, but I can't seem to verify one way or the other if that is the protocol
atalkd is complaining about.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
- Dave