RE: [netatalk-admins] Where papd advertises the printers

Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] Where papd advertises the printers
From: Jeremy Kemp (jakemp@Harding.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 08:12:49 EST

I have found this to be the easiest way to set the zone of my afpd server,
and althought I don't have a printer running off it, I'm pretty sure this
should work for papd as well.

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Andy Daws wrote:

> The man info pages for papd don't give away much but looking at the
> source code it appears that you have to name your printer in papd.conf
> as something like name:LaserWriter@zone replacing name and zone with
> what ever you need. Havn't actually tried this as my development
> kernal has broken appletalk but nobody else answered so I gave it a
> shot.

Jeremy Kemp
<jakemp@harding.edu>

One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman
Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way
to indicate successful termination of their C programs.
-- Robert Firth