Re: [netatalk-admins] I would like to know the answer as well?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] I would like to know the answer as well?
From: Hauke Fath (hf@Melog.DE)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 09:24:04 EST

At 14:51 11.11.99 +0100, Tony Grant wrote:

>man pages are OK but real live HTML docs are todays answer to man pages
>IMHO.

??? Both serve two entirely different purposes. man pages are intended as a
quick _reference_ and as such are meant to be terse. One, at most two
pages, not more. Some of the man pages^Wbooks I have seen on linux defeat
that purpose, though. =8/

Tutorials and HowTo documents are well-suited for html, but when you need
those it is pretty clear you have to take your time, anyway.

And if you feel you cannot do without html docs, there are ?roff-to-html
converters.

         hauke

--
Hauke Fath                             Tangro Software GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg