[netatalk-admins] File transfer from NT to Linux

Subject: [netatalk-admins] File transfer from NT to Linux
From: Guillaume Menguy (gmenguy@sdv.fr)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 04:42:25 EST

Hi,

Another problem today. I'm still trying to migrate our file server (NT) on
Linux + Netatalk.
The problem is moving the files. Because of the macs strange filenames, a PC
(or the NT server itself) cannot process the copy. When I try to move the
files with a mac, I get "File xxx locked" errors and the copy stops. And
building a big archive and uncompressing it on the Linux Box loses all the
file properties, every file is seen has a simple text file.
Any idea ?

Thanks,

G.Menguy