RE: [netatalk-admins] afpd error messages (Was: End the Beta!)

Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] afpd error messages (Was: End the Beta!)
From: Andy Daws (ad@bepp.co.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 06:53:31 EST

Ok to be able to get NT using MacIP you can use a program from Cyan Software http://www.cyansoft.de/
or you can wait for Microsoft to implement it in NT 2000 I believe.

Next solution try http://www.opendoor.com/shareway/ they have a product that allows a
Macintosh to act as a Gateway so you can connect to AppleTalk Servers that don't support
IP cool.

Next solution try http://www.jpy.com/ they have a hardware router that will tunnel AppleTalk over IP
and if your using iSDN will even spoof AppleTalk which is a real money saver on the phone bills.
You will need a router each end. We actually use this one and it works!

Next solution I'm sure I read somewhere that you can tunnel Appletalk over IP using linux I
just can't seem to find it again, but if you have dial-ups there will be no spoofing to prevent
dialing on NBP broadcasts and preserve bandwidth.