Re: [netatalk-admins] "Disk is full." errors in ClarisWorks 4

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] "Disk is full." errors in ClarisWorks 4
From: Benjamin Gilbert (i479@prism.simplenet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 23:50:41 EST

At 11/19/99 10:21 AM, Jaime Kikpole (jkikpole@cdcsd.k12.ny.us) wrote:
>[...] RAID-5 system with FreeBSD 3.3-Release and netatalk 1.4b2 with the
>asun 2.1.3 patches. [...]
>If users try to drag-copy in files, its fine. If they use "Save" from
>within ClarisWorks 5.0, it works fine. But using "Save" from within
>ClarisWorks 4.0 will cause a modal dialog box with the phrase "Disk is
>full." in it. I configured syslogd.conf to put all messages from
>afpd.log into /var/log/afpd.log, but there was nothing in there that
>helped. It didn't even log an attempt to save the file.

I can confirm. CW 4.0, netatalk+asun2.1.3, Red Hat Linux 6.0. Didn't
happen under asun2.1.1, I believe.

Try upgrading the AppleShare client on the Macs to the 3.8-series. For
some reason, this worked for us.

OTOH, if you figure out what's going on, let me know. Some of the Macs
here are out of my control, and their SA doesn't seem eager to upgrade
the AppleShare clients...

--Benjamin Gilbert