Re: [netatalk-admins] FreeBSD & quotas & disk sizes

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] FreeBSD & quotas & disk sizes
From: Benjamin Gilbert (i479@prism.simplenet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 23:50:45 EST

At 11/19/99 6:54 PM, Jaime Kikpole (jkikpole@cdcsd.k12.ny.us) wrote:

>Andrew Morgan <morgan@orst.edu> said:
> It looks like some of the authenticating subsystems were changed a lot
> [in pre-2.1.4]. [...] are uams new? How do I use them?
Yeah, pluggable uams are new. The default Makefile settings put them in
/usr/lib/atalk/uams. You may have to change your afpd.conf to point to
the correct uam directory; it sounds as though afpd isn't finding it. A
number of the afpd.conf and AppleVolumes options have changed,
particularly with regard to password authentication, so it pays to reread
the docs at the top of the files (in the config directory of the
distribution).

--Benjamin Gilbert