[netatalk-admins] routing with netatalk

Subject: [netatalk-admins] routing with netatalk
From: Mike Junghanns (mike@schattenwelt.de)
Date: Sun Nov 21 1999 - 09:01:39 EST

We have the following problem with routing in a appletalk net.
The net has 3 segments.

a linux - box with netatalk is the router for all 3 segments. It has 3
ethernetcards
installed.
The first segment contains an some mac's and 2 printers. The other segments
contains only mac's.

With TCP/IP roputing is all ok.
With appletalk we have a problem. The printers could only accessed from the
first segment.
The linux box should act as seed router for all segments/interfaces
(eth0..eth2).
I think there is another seed router in the net. The problem is , that my
knowledge about appletalk and mac's not very good is. There is no
administrator for the appletalk ne, to answer my questiont. How can i find
the
other seed router, and how can i configure netatalk so that all computers
can access the printer. One printer is connected on a printserver (axis).
The other printer is a Textronic Phaser 750 with Printserver onboard. Both
are configurable over httpbut i can not change the netadress.

thanks
mike
mike@schattenwelt.de