Re: [netatalk-admins] socket: Invalid argument

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] socket: Invalid argument
From: Andrew Morgan (morgan@orst.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 16:58:23 EST

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Steve Parkinson wrote:

> I'm trying to get an AppleTalk server going on my RedHat 6.0 box with a
> 2.2.13 kernel. I have compiled the kernel with the AppleTalk ddp. I can get
> afpd to run an ASIP server and am able to successfully login, move files,
> etc.
>
> When I try to start atalkd I receive the following message:
> socket: Invalid argument
> socket: Invalid argument
> atalkd: can't get interfaces, exiting.

Type "dmesg" and look for something like:

NET4: AppleTalk 0.18 for Linux NET4.0

If you don't see this, then you haven't compiled Appletalk into the
kernel. Also type "lsmod" and see if you see the appletalk modules
listed (maybe you compiled it as a module).

Either way, it sounds like Appletalk isn't available to the kernel.

        Andy