Re: [netatalk-admins] mounting root w. Netatalk

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] mounting root w. Netatalk
From: Jeremy Kemp (jakemp@Harding.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 19:55:38 EST

just add the following line in your ~/.AppleVolumes file:

        / Root

and make sure the user logging in has at least rw- access to /.

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Joe Auty wrote:

> how do I mount the root directory of my server with Netatalk? I'm hoping
> once I get root mounted, I can easily backup my Linux server through the
> MacOS.
>

> Thanks in advance!

Jeremy Kemp
<jakemp@harding.edu>

One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman
Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way
to indicate successful termination of their C programs.
-- Robert Firth