Re: [netatalk-admins] mounting root w. Netatalk

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] mounting root w. Netatalk
From: Mike (dugan@libwais.sonoma.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 22:20:17 EST

You should have at least one warning in attempting to perform backups of
files from a Mac over Netatalk of a *nix shared volume:
1) File permissions will not be duplicated
2) Ownership of files will not be included
3) special set-UID, sticky bit, set GUI etc flags will not be included
4) files like /etc/shadow are likely yo not be readable by a common user
5) You will probably be able to keep modification dates, but not all
date/time stamps associated with each file.

[original message truncated:]