Re: [netatalk-admins] alias test

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] alias test
From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List (netatalk@fizbin.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 01:15:57 EST

on 11/22/1999 12:39 PM, Tom Kunz at tkunz@nscs.fast.net wrote:

> Oh, please please please please continue work on making persistent
> DID's! I (well, my company, not me) really needs that desperately, and
> as quickly as possible. We keep hitting things were netatalk "isn't
> quite the same as MacOS" with those DID's. It would make life an order
> of magnitude more enjoyable.

Allow me to echo this sentiment.

While I have no trouble at all understanding the value of the developmnet
cycle, many of the clinets that I try to hoist linux onto, do have an issue
with the server not being 100% like the MacOS - mostly, the issue of broken
folder alias' is the main , if not only, issue they have).

If that issue were addressed and resolved, it would be one more step towards
world-domination...for netatalk :-)

Harry